Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

how to create additional Inbox in Outlook?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 01-07-04, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! Right now, I have an Inbox in my Outlook XP personal folders for my incoming mail using my primary email address for my ISP (Comcast). I created a second Comcast account, to which I am forwarding emails from my schools IMAP account. Is there a way to creat a separate Inbox for this account? thank you!
Old 01-07-04, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Click Tools -> Email Accounts -> Add/Remove Account. Just create a new email account and it'll add it as another Inbox w/ all the folders, etc.
Old 01-07-04, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

that's what i did, but i didnt get another inbox for some reason. Is it because both accounts use the same server? thanks!
Old 01-07-04, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by danicus007
Click Tools -> Email Accounts -> Add/Remove Account. Just create a new email account and it'll add it as another Inbox w/ all the folders, etc.
My experience when I did this was it picks up the email from the other account but throws it in the same inbox.
Old 01-07-04, 11:13 PM

One way to do it, would be to add a separate folder under Personal Folders for your second account...name it whatever you want. You could then create a rule, that moves any messages addressed to the second account into this new folder.

As for another inbox....I'm not sure.
Old 01-08-04, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Like Shadow said - just create "Inbox2" or something like that and create a rule where all messages from that account are automatically filtered into that Inbox - just remember to set it above all other rules or it will be filtered last.
Old 01-09-04, 03:27 PM
toq

From my experience, another Inbox is only created if you add an IMAP account to Outlook. Otherwise, as previously mentioned, all mail from POP accounts are dropped in the default Inbox.