Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to publish an Outlook Calendar on the web?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 01-06-04, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea or Nea?
Old 01-06-04, 12:52 AM
Video Gamer Reviewers

i think you could with MS sharepoint?
Old 01-06-04, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I found this program:

http://www.outlookcentral.com/

It's outdated, but works pretty well and I was upload to my ftp server without any problem. Just wish I could post notes there or something. Although, it does allow me to specify a logo & homepage, and I figure I can just set that homepage to a webpage where I can just post notes for myself.
Old 01-06-04, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You can save the calendar as HTML ("Save as Webpage") and then publish whatever it spits out. But you won't be able to manipulate it from the web, only view it.
Old 01-06-04, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Although I just found on Microsoft the option to Save As...with your calendar and then you can just upload that, or save directly to a ftp server.
Old 01-06-04, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks ClarkKentKY

I think I just found the best way to do it. The whole reason this came up is I saw a friend editing his calendar on Yahoo, but I didn't want to input all my stuff, but they offer a free intellisync tool that syncs yahoo to outlook and works perfectly - keeps everything up to date in outlook and provides me access away from my computer (as long as I sync it daily).
Old 01-06-04, 07:36 AM
ngp
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Blake
Thanks ClarkKentKY

I think I just found the best way to do it. The whole reason this came up is I saw a friend editing his calendar on Yahoo, but I didn't want to input all my stuff, but they offer a free intellisync tool that syncs yahoo to outlook and works perfectly - keeps everything up to date in outlook and provides me access away from my computer (as long as I sync it daily).
Glad you found the Yahoo Intellisync...I was going to suggest that to you. I've been using this for over a 1.5 years now and have been very happy with the way it works. With this approach, you can also access the calendar via WAP (http://wap.oa.yahoo.com).

Also keep in mind that you can use the Yahoo Intellisync to sync Tasks, Notepad, and Contacts from Outlook.
Old 01-06-04, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah - I just synced my calendar because I wasn't sure what else I had online with Yahoo!, but will most likely sync my address book & tasks later today