Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

What is a good program to keep addresses for printing mailing lables?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 01-03-04, 11:19 AM
DAC
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for something that I would be able to enter mailing addresses and phone numbers of family and friends so that when Christmas rolls around I would be able to print mailing labels to make that process easier. Especially since we haven't mailed Chritsmas cards out in a few years due to laziness.

My mother-in-law suggested Microsoft Access, but I am a moron and don't know how to set up the database to do that. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

DAC
Old 01-03-04, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

well, you could use the Avery wizard in Word (or just download the template), and put the people's names on the mailing labels. not really a database program, but it works. just be sure to use the correct template.
Old 01-03-04, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You can also create a MailMerge file in Word. Its easy, just read the help, or Excel is easier than Access (I assume you are talking a few hundred names at most, not thousands, and no huge maintenance, just a few dozen address changes every year.
Quicken Deluxe will also do labels, create a separate goup for friends and family.

None of these are worth buying for labels, but if you have any of them, they do labels just fine. There are probably dedicated label programs too, but I don't use enough labels to be bothered.
Old 01-03-04, 03:13 PM
DAC
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah, probably not even 100. Just personal friends and family. I'll give word a try and see how that works.

Thanks,

DAC