Reload this Page >

Wallpaper rotator for Windows 2000?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 12-31-03, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone know of a program for windows 2000 that will rotate your wallpaper for you on given intervals?
Old 12-31-03, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Heh... one of the nagging unmet utilities of the Windows OS. Why Microsoft never bundled a wallpaper changer into any OS is just a completely mystery to me.

Microsoft recently made a Windows PowerToy wallpaper changer (only, hmm, eight years too late), but I think it works only under Windows XP. You can search their site, though.

I use this one, creatively entitled "Wallpaper Changer" - it's freeware, it has options, and it works just fine.

- David Stein
Old 01-01-04, 02:12 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Re: Wallpaper rotator for Windows 2000?

Originally posted by mkdevo
anyone know of a program for windows 2000 that will rotate your wallpaper for you on given intervals?
I use the Kana Wallchanger, it changes based on intervals, makes icons hidden or their text transparent, plus it is only 382kb in size, in fact I think it doesn't even install into the registry (going by memory on this last one).

Kana Wallchanger
Old 01-01-04, 04:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by sfsdfd
Heh... one of the nagging unmet utilities of the Windows OS. Why Microsoft never bundled a wallpaper changer into any OS is just a completely mystery to me.

Microsoft recently made a Windows PowerToy wallpaper changer (only, hmm, eight years too late), but I think it works only under Windows XP. You can search their site, though.

I use this one, creatively entitled "Wallpaper Changer" - it's freeware, it has options, and it works just fine.

- David Stein
I think that's the one I used to use and works great.

...on second thought it isn't the one I used. Here's the one I used: http://www.wallpaperchanger.de/

Last edited by Giantrobo; 01-01-04 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-01-04, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

If you like this sort of thing, WebShots isn't too bad. It's software to organize/cycle wallpapers as a standalone or integrated with their website where you can download daily wallpapers that are pretty good.

das
Old 01-01-04, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
I've been using one called pictureshare in win98se
works fairly well except that it keeps tiling them instead of stretching no matter how I change the settings
you don't have to use any of the internet related options or register for it to work
http://www.pictureshare.net/default.aspx
direct dowload site for it, if it doesn't start automatically there's a "click here" thing
http://download.com.com/3001-2336-10221976.html