Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Does Window ME have a revert option to the last known good? Cannot surf the net!

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Does Window ME have a revert option to the last known good? Cannot surf the net!

Old 12-30-03, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My neighbor bought my old machine from me, when i sold it I reformatted ect and all was good.

She doesn't know much about computers and within a couple weeks it was hardly working. She had accidently installed a gazillion crappy programs, spyware, data miners, etc.... Very bad

I ran adaware and cleaned it up for the most part as best as I can, however she cannot surf the net now. I've got no clue why, the adelphia tech checked the modem and all that on his laptop and surfed just fine, so something in the pc has corrupted.

Does windows ME have the last known good option similar to what NT had?

Or what should I do? Thanks!
Old 12-30-03, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
two (well 3 I guess, although the two scanreg options are basically the same) options
System Restore: start->programs->accessories->system tools->system restore
or scanregw /restore (I think scanregw has the /restore option) from the run option
or boot to a dos prompt and run scanreg /restore

Last edited by mikehunt; 12-30-03 at 09:07 PM.
Old 12-30-03, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

thanks!