Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

new firmware for liteon drives released

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 12-27-03, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was supposedly a new firmware released for the liteon drives recently, but I cant get the link to work, can anyone else reach this site (12-27-03)

http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/english...irmware.htm#LDW
Old 12-27-03, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I could not get the page to load. I also received a connection timeout.
Old 12-27-03, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The page is down, but here's a link for a LiteOn forum that would allow you to find other places where the firmware might be located. http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=44&s=
Old 12-27-03, 03:56 PM

cdfreaks has a kind poster who is hosting the firmware file until the liteonit server comes back online. go to the forum in the link and it is there towards the top
Old 12-27-03, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by wmunn
cdfreaks has a kind poster who is hosting the firmware file until the liteonit server comes back online. go to the forum in the link and it is there towards the top
Yeah. I didn't want to post a direct link to it on here.
Old 12-29-03, 07:56 AM

I'm not having any problems accessing the page. I guess the problem must have been fixed. Although, the page is a little slow to load, just to warn you. I did try downloading the firmware upgrade and the download took forever (only 400kb file). What happened to their server?
Old 12-29-03, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

And for LiteOn 411/811 owners who are interested, someone just posted a new bitsetting utility!!!! Read about it here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread....5&pagenumber=1

This apparently only works with the latest firmware for 411/811 drives. I'm not very tech-savvy, but as I understand it, the utility will let you set the book-type for DVD+R discs you burn as DVD-ROM, and this allows your new DVD+R to be read by just about all DVD players (old and new).... That's my understanding. Sounds great!
Old 12-29-03, 07:38 PM

yeah, bitsetting seems like a cool toy for those of us having playback issues on their dvd players....

Personally, I havent had this issue, as my Panasonic rp82 plays anything you throw in it with aplomb....

I am glad I researched here before buying my dvd player.... it really has paid off over time
Old 12-29-03, 07:41 PM
X
Administrator

It appears the bitsetting routine requires the latest firmware (FS0G for the 411S) which has been removed from LiteOn's site due to needing fixes to DVD+RW writing problems it introduced.