Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

internet connecting problems yet again...

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 12-07-03, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

had some problems (see http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=332395 for details) and i thought everythign got worked out... worked for a few hours. now, when i try to connect, the connection goes through 9username and password accepted) but only 1,000 bytes of info are sent and received and i get the dsn error page that says something about network settings, blah blah blah. you know the one...

ME and yes, sad to admit, using dial up through the school's server but they have all of one person who does problem shooting and he is never there.

so, what are the possible causes of this outside of server problems (ie my school's fault)? i removed my spyware and uninstalled norton works but still no dice. also, i downloaded mscoree.dll and reinstalled it. i cant download the other one because it is too large to put on a disk or burn onto a cd (the netframework one from the first reply's link).

help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-03, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
try system restore to before the problems started start->programs->accessories->system tools->system restore

uninstall and reinstall dial up networking windwos setup tab of add/remove programs, click communications then the details button. uncheck dial up networking, click ok, reboot, recheck dialup networking