Reload this Page >

Any good BF deals on laptops?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 11-25-03, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am entertaining the idea of possibly picking up a laptop during my outting this Friday. I don't play many PC games and those that I do, tend to be older titles. The machine would mainly be used for moblie productivity: MS Office suite (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook), along with watching an occasional DVD. I would also like to finally set up a wireless network and use it for surfing the net or posting to this DVDtalk while I am watching the game.

I know that there are typically a few laptop deals below $800 during black friday, but not sure if any of them are worth the price. Seeing as how I would not use it daily, I cannot justify buying a top of the line machine and would like to stay at or below $800 for a decent machine, if possible.

Any recommendations or informaton would be appreciated!
Old 11-26-03, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check out some of the HP laptops. If you get it with a lower end processor and a 15" or 14" screen then it may cost you around $800.
Old 11-26-03, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CompUSA's pre-Thanksgiving sale is tonight 6pm-Midnight. Stores close at 5pm and reopen at 6.

They have the Compaq Presario 1282US for $599.99 after rebates. ($999.99 before).

Celeron-M 2.4GHz, 256MB RAM, 15" XGA (1024X768) screen, DVD/CDR combo, lan, modem, usb, etc.

I think it might be worth standing in line for.