Reload this Page >

GeForce 2 MX400? What do these compare to

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 08-22-03, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are these cards, how does a GF2 MX400 compare to older GF2 ti cards?

Just wondering if it would be a good solution for a budget machine.
Old 08-22-03, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
here's a benchmark test using max payne

personally, if you play games, i'd recommend the gf4 ti4200/4400/4600 depending on what deals you can get. they'll give you the best bang for the buck. now, if you don't play games, then it doesn't really matter that much.

here's a comparison of newer cards:

remember, performance depends on the game/mobo, etc.
Old 08-23-03, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hhmm those images don't appear to have any links or is it just my Opera browser?

I'll look at Tom's site later today, have to get to work right now. BTW though, I already have a Radeon 9700 Pro in this computer, a GF4 ti4200 in my second computer and a GF2ti in the wife's machine. Right now I'm putting together another that won't really be used for gaming which is why I'm looking so low but I still wouldn't mind if you could fire up Jedi Outcast on it once in a while...
Old 08-23-03, 07:50 PM
mwj

If you are going to game at all, stay away from that card. The exception would be 2d or very old 3d (unreal or unreal tournament) games. I think Jedi Outcast is a Quake III engine game and would run better with a card that can do T&L (Transform and Lighting). You might still be okay if you are using a fast processor 2+ghz or don't mind lower resolutions (800x600).
Old 08-24-03, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"GeForce 2 MX400? What do these compare to"

they compare to crap. Stay far away from the MX series unless you want a paper weight. There is plenty of decent video cards out there at the cost or just a little above what a MX would run you.
Old 08-24-03, 09:08 AM

My mx440se 128 mb card does pretty good, it struggles with some of the newer games at high resolution rates, but chugs along quite well with most of the newer games at 1024 x 768