Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Kazaa - downloaded a video.

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 08-21-03, 03:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. So I was looking for a special halloween video on Kazaa. I love Halloween.

So anyway, I was downloading a halloween video and I tried to preview it while it was downloading. Well, instead a new explorer window pops up with a blank white screen but the green progress bar at the bottom shows downloading I thought. Well, I stopped it because I figure it could be downloading a virus.

Well, it must have actually been UPLOADING. Because after I decided to stop the page I deleted most of the link except for the IP address http://127.0.0. something. Well when I hit go I see a long laundry list of files. So i start clicking on the files and realize these are my files that I have within Kazaa (shared folder).

So what happened? These files are now permanently at this address.

Thanks for any input. I mean I have seen web page ads pop up when downloading videos but never this.

Update...

I now realize that everytime I click on a file at this web address it comes up under the traffic uploads window at the bottom as being dowloaded. Further investigation has shown that when I disconnect Kazaa, the list remains at the address but none of the files will come up. So it seems as though this page has a direct link to a few of my files when I am connected to Kazaa. And they show up as uploads under Kazaa when clicked.

Weird. Any ideas?

ps. sorry admin.
Old 08-21-03, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The IP 127.0.0.?? is normally a local loopback address. Meaning, what ever you are attempting to do on that address, is actually happening on your own machine. This is not an external address.
Old 08-21-03, 09:06 AM
X
Administrator

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
You better give up this topic here.