Reload this Page >

NVidia Detonator Driver users, need help

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 06-15-03, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
Every Detonator driver Nvidia has released since driver #41.09 has affected my Quicktime.
Whenever I play video's in fullscreen, the picture/brightness becomes a lot darker. When I go back to a window-size, the picture/brightness goes back to the way it should be.
I've tested this out with each driver after #41.09 and they all cause this, forcing me to go back to using the outdated 41.09.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Know any fixes?
Thanks
Andy
Old 06-16-03, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
What kind of card do you have? I had a problem with the drivers reccently mainly just getting the wrong ones and the detonator drives did nothing to help. I had to get it from the cards maker (In my case MSI) even though it was an Nvidia based card.

You might want to check out if the drivers you have are correct or not.
Old 06-16-03, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just as an FYI, 41.09 is the last release to support DVD playback on numerous variations of geforce cards from several manufacturers, all depending on the TV-out they chose to incorporate. You may want to double check and see if this affects you.