Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

DVD Software - Creating High Quality Slide Shows

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 06-02-03, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just bought a Dell 2.6Ghz system with a DVD Burner.

But, when I used their (Sonic) software to create a Slideshow (I am a wedding photographer and I want to sell the pictures on a DVD to the Bride and Groom - and their parents) the quality was ok (could be much better) when the pictures stay horizonal, but when I rotate the picture so can be viewed correctly on the TV screen the quality is not good at all.

(Side point: Sonic is easy to use and the menus looked great)

Original Picture = 1.3 meg (2560 x 1920)

When convert to DVD
*No rotating = about 847k (looks ok, but could be better)
*When pic is rotated in Sonic softwar = About 93k to 83k

I also tried ULead DVD creation software, it was worse than Sonic as far as quality and ease of use.

**I am looking for DVD creation software that will do an awesome job with high quality pictures and have good looking menus/background screens for weddings**

Thanks for any input you might have.
Old 06-02-03, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Did you try rotating the photos in another program before importing them into the sonic program? I'm assuming you're talking about rotating photos taken with the camera turned 90 degrees on its side here. Photoshop Elements can rotate them for you easily without losing size or resolution, and has a lot of handy tools you might find useful, including a filter for NTSC safe colors.

Also, Ulead makes a program called DVD Picture show. I believe you can download a demo for free. If you really want to get elaborate, Canopus just released a program called Imaginate, which allows almost infinite manipulation of stills, but it's not a DVD slideshow in the strictest sense of the term.