Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

VHS to DVD Conversion

Old 06-02-03, 09:59 AM
Banned

VHS to DVD Conversion

Hello:

I was wondering what software that I should invest in to convert some of my VHS cassettes to DVD. Before I continue, because I can see many people asking why, I should mention that what I plan on converting in all likelihood won't ever be available to the general public. Examples of this are: SuperBowl XXI, SuperBowl XXV, the 1986 World Series; all commercial-free and recorded from a LIVE cable feed.

I have a Sony VAIO 2.4 P4 with 1.0GB of DDR RAM, with numerous video inputs (Optical, 2 S-Video, regular RCA feeds and a coaxial). I'm rather new to this and was wondering what kind of assistance you fine people could lend. Thanks.

- Cameron
Old 06-02-03, 10:06 AM
Banned

I suppose I should add that I'm running Windows XP Professional SP-1
Old 06-03-03, 06:34 AM
duz
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did your capture card come withsoftware? If so I'd use that with settings set to dvd and/or maximum then use whatever software came with the dvd drive to burn it
Old 06-03-03, 02:40 PM
Banned

Originally posted by duz
Did your capture card come withsoftware? If so I'd use that with settings set to dvd and/or maximum then use whatever software came with the dvd drive to burn it
Thank you for your idea. As usual, I over-think something and bypass the simplest solution.