Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Burning an audio CD so titles show in cd player

Old 05-25-03, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Burning an audio CD so titles show in cd player

Okay, I have tried this a couple ways so far with no success. I have a Yamaha burner which supports CD-text and I have Nero 5.5 and CDRwin. Both seem to work fine, but I have tried to burn an audio CD so the titles would show up on my cd-player either in the car or at home. Everytime i do I still get the same results, all it shows is "track 1, track 2" etc.....

When I was burning in both apps I had the "write cd text on cd" option selected but it still didnt work..what am I missing? I am trying to make a complilation CD for my car.
Old 05-25-03, 02:07 AM
X
Administrator

That's all you're going to get with .wav files.

Look at any original music CD.
Old 05-25-03, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You have to manually set the artists and titles for each track, which is easily done in Nero by double clicking on the track. If your sources are properly tagged mp3s, Nero will use the artist and track fields from the ID3 tags.

Also, it's possible your players do not support CD-Text. CD-Text was a pretty good idea, but never really caught on (hence, few commercial CDs are texed).
Old 05-25-03, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you get an MP3 enabled CD player for your car, you will get the song titles displayed(or anything else in the ID3 tag)
I have been using this setup for a while now, and people who ride with me are always impressed by this. That, and you can fit 150 songs on one cd. Great for road trips.
Old 05-25-03, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok, so if that works by just manually filling in the title of the song for each one, then for example i would assume my cars cd player would support it (getting it next week) it says its heads up display will show the name the current track playing, so you woudl assume that would work.. thanks