Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

please suggest video editing software for PC

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 03-19-03, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did a search but most of the threads were too old and suggested old software.

I am looking for simple, easy to use software that will allow me to convert minidv to dvd. I have a P4 2.4, 512 ram, xphome. I have tried Pinnacle Studio 8 and Roxio Video Wave Movie Creator without success. Both were so buggy to the point they were unusable. Ironically, many magazines/websites highly rate these two products (although user ratings tell a different story). Can anyone help me out short of telling me to get a mac w/ imovie? Thanks.
Old 03-19-03, 02:02 PM
Banned

I use Pinnacle Studio 8 with much success, do not know why you would be encountering any bugs??? Also my father in law uses it also and loves it. I find it easy to use with much usefull features.

This is just to let you know it might not be the software, maybe your pc??? Hope you figure it out tho. Good luck.
Old 03-19-03, 04:19 PM

head on over to www.vcdhelp.com

They have a list of all available software many of which is free.
Old 03-19-03, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This is just a very general piece of advice--I don't do any PC video editing: update all of your drivers, especially for the video capture card and your video display card. XP is very fussy about drivers and if they don't get along you will have problems.

Also, before you update, I recommend you create a system restore point to be safe.