Display problem while installing XP

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 02-17-03, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all.
I have a problem with a TFT screen during an install of Windows XP Pro.
After booting up with the cd and letting windows install some drivers, there is a message at the bottom that says 'windows is not starting up' or something to that effect. Then the TFT screen goes blank and nothing will come up again. Switching over to a CRT Monitor, I go through the same process, the screen goes blank and then a second later displays the next stage of the install, which asks if I want to install, repair, or quit.

I have a Sapphire Radeon 9000 Pro DDR with DVI and VGA out. I haven't tried plugging in the CRT monitor through the DVI connecter via an adaptor though, so I don't know if it's the card or the TFT screen.

I've already installed XP now though and the TFT screen is working fine, but I'm worried about what to do when I get rid of the CRT and have to reinstall XP in the future.

Does anyone have experience with this happening with a possible solution?
Old 02-17-03, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May be next time you can try to use the VGA port instead of the DVI port?