Reload this Page >

Anyone here play PC games on their TV?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 02-14-03, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering if anyone here plays PC games on their TV via a video card with a TV output. How well does it work, and is there an optimum resolution to do this?

I was thinking about getting a Radeon 9500 or something, and Splinter Cell when it came out, and would like to play it on a TV if possible. It would be cheaper than buying an Xbox just to play it

Brian
Old 02-14-03, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think the "standard" TV resolution is much lower than most 1024x768 displays. I think it's somewhere below 640x480.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 02-14-03, 06:12 PM

Yes I used to have my "tivo" computer with an ATI All In Wonder Radeon. Desktop resolution was not readable at 800x600, it was too blurry. Games play ok at 640x480, just crank up the AA and such features.

Also I just tried the S-Video out on my new HP ZE4100 laptop. I played some divx movies at 640x480 and they looked pretty good
Old 02-19-03, 09:41 PM
Banned

For people with HDTV's this should be god. If you have an ATI card there is an adapter that can help ypu with the resolution thing. it costs $30 at www.ati.com Also, if you bought the All In
Wonder 9700 it already supports HDTV.