Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Drawing error? Can you help solve my problem please?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 02-08-03, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

02/07/2003 2:59 PM

I just got a Epox 8RDA+ motherboard, a AMD 2100 thurobread, 512 megs of 2700 DDR (one chip, Samsung). and a 800A Thurmoright cooler and have spent all morning putting all my stuff in from my old pc into this one. I did a complete reinstall of Windows XP Pro also, but now when I start windows it will run ok for about 5 seconds, then starts to throw up errors. The first one to pop up is on that says that my video card (ATI 64mbDDR VIVO) was unable to complete a drawing operation, a few seconds after that I get three more messages that just ask me to send a report to microsoft.

Now, my video card worked fine before I did the upgrade, is there any reason that I would have problems with it now?

I have reinstalled windows XP three times now, taken everything out of the pc besides the vidoe card, one cd rom drive, and the ram and deleted the partition, made a smaller one, and then reinstalled XP, and still the problem shows up. I would have thought that once I reformated that the problem would go away, but alas... It is still there.

I searched the web, and posted a message at anandtech about it trying to figure out what I need to do to fix the problem, but I stil can not figure it out.

Would anyione here have a idea as to what I should do to get my pc to run like it should so that it does not reboot 10 seconds into being in windows (if I make it that far).

Here is the topic that I posted at anandtech if that helps... http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...hreadid=970953

Argh... Any Ideas as what I should do?