HELP! DVD-R drive no longer recognized!

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 02-08-03, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello all...

just picked up a new pioneer 105, and moved my old 103 to my fiancee's computer. was running it last night with no problems, using dvddecrypter and nero (on xp home)..

today i installed dvdxcopy, rebooted, and now the drive is no longer found in windows (under my computer)... the drive is there - it shows up in the device manager, but it has a yellow exclamation mark and says:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

anyone have any clues? i need to get this figured out asap. i do not have the original disc that came with the drve. i previously upgraded the firmware to 2.0. thanks in advance.

EDIT: a little more info.. for some reason, i think this computer is having trouble with plug & play... i just also installed a firewire card and a usb 2.0 card, and both are recognized, but drivers fail to install automatically..

i can't find drivers anywhere for the pioneer a03, only firmware... anyone??

Last edited by mkdevo; 02-08-03 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-08-03, 05:33 PM
Banned

Uninstall the Dvdxcopy and try the drive again. If it dosen't work, try changing he settings in it. If that dosen't work Re-install windows xp. That happend to me with my Samsung DVD- ROM Drive.
Old 02-08-03, 06:10 PM

If uninstalling DVDxcopy doesn't work, try removing the drive from device manager and rebooting. Reinstalling the OS should be a last resort after all other options have failed...
Old 02-08-03, 07:42 PM
X
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Gotta close this. The software you're using for copying DVDs is not permitted to be discussed here.