Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

bypassing firewalls

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

bypassing firewalls

Old 02-07-03, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bypassing firewalls

When I am at work I always have the problem of dealing with firewalls. I can't check hotmail, can't go on ebay etc. Is there a simple way to bypass this? I cannot download any software because I'm not an administartor and thus can't install it. The cached pages don't work either. Please help...I'm bored!
Old 02-07-03, 08:49 AM

From the "problems" your having, it sounds like you are dealing with more than just the company firewall at work. You are also probably being restricted by security policies applied to your machine. Quite frankly, the easiest way to by-pass these is to by-pass the network altogether, which means reverting to a laptop or something and a dial-up internet account.
Old 02-07-03, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: bypassing firewalls

Originally posted by your momma
When I am at work I always have the problem of dealing with firewalls. I can't check hotmail, can't go on ebay etc. Is there a simple way to bypass this? I cannot download any software because I'm not an administartor and thus can't install it. The cached pages don't work either. Please help...I'm bored!
Bring in your own pc and dial up to the internet.
Old 02-07-03, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

find a proxy website that you can use to redirect to another website.

Make sure you don't get fired.
Old 02-07-03, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Where I work we use websense. The new version you can make internet policies by user account. And soon the WAN guys will configure the firewall policies to access active directory for user based policies.

The way this stuff works is a good admin will block everything and then open up a few things as needed.