Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Kazaa locking up PC

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Kazaa locking up PC

Old 02-05-03, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kazaa locking up PC

Last night in trying to do downloads from Kazaa my PC locked up three different times. I'm using WIN 98 and an old version of Kazaa, I always say no the the upgrade icon. I had to hit the reset button to get the PC to reboot.

I surfed the internet fine until I tried to do a DL from Kazaa. Could the older Kazaa software be a problem or could something at the download site cause my PC to lock
Old 02-05-03, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
Kazaa did the same to me on win98se, so I got Grokster and downloaded the fake dll file that disables the spyware
same interface as Kazaa, same search network, and if you leave the folder you're using for downloads whre it is you can copy the incomplete files into the directory you're using for Grokster and they'll continue downloading and when finished will get moved to the original folder.
same file moving works for the original morpheus which kazaa and grokster are both clones of, I know because I used both morpheus and kazaa before grokster and still have incomplete files from both so I just left the shared folders alone and every once and a while something will show up in one of them
Old 02-05-03, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What fake dll would that be?
Old 02-06-03, 12:58 PM

mikehunt,

thanks for the reply......Not sure what's going on because I used Kazaa last night and it worked fine. No problem with the PC freezing The PC has not worked well since I upgraded to Win 98
Old 02-06-03, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
the zip file it came in was named cd_clint.zip, which is also the dll file name, except .dll instead of.zip
the page with the instructions was changed when kazaa lite came out
http://www.project-insomnia.com/kazaa.html
Old 02-07-03, 02:41 PM
duz
DVD Talk Special Edition

did you try kazaa lite?