Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone know anything about IE version 6, and why it does this?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 02-04-03, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I just upgraded to IE 6(big mistake). I have also repeatedly tried to restore my old Window's configuration back to IE 5 but the restore keeps failing...

Any way my problem is, (and IE 5 didn't do this) after I post in the forum here my other browser IE 5 would forward me to my post. IE 6 no longer does this and I have to click on the link to forward me to my post. Any idea why this happens? Also on other web pages I get a blank page after doing something. There is a web address there but the page is blank(if I paste the web address in another browser page I will get the page to come up). This has never happened before. I have tried repairing IE 6 but it makes no difference. I went into the advanced tab and click and unclicked just about everying to try and fix this but it still does it. I have upgraded it to the service pack and everything. But it still does it.

Now this is really annoying!! How can I get my browser to forward to the post that I made without having to click on the link??

I should also note that I am using Window's ME operating system.
Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by d2cheer; 02-04-03 at 10:38 AM.
Old 02-04-03, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try restoring IE thru the add/remove program. I recall another way to change IE versions thru the CD, but zuffy'd know about that. This is IE SP1? I also thought Me didn't have v. 5?
Old 02-04-03, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I would say check your settings under Security. This is not a default IE setting. Also, if you are running any pop up stoppers, make sure it's allowing script timers (because the message board taking you back to the post is a script timer).

I run ie6sp1 on all my machines and have no such problems.
Old 02-04-03, 02:29 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Do this:

Tools-->Internet options-->Security-->Custom level-->scroll down to "allow META REFRESH"-->enable . close IE, open it and boogie

--HN
Old 02-04-03, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by HN
Do this:

Tools-->Internet options-->Security-->Custom level-->scroll down to "allow META REFRESH"-->enable . close IE, open it and boogie

--HN
Thanks!!
Old 02-05-03, 04:31 PM

did it work?