Reload this Page >

Staying connected while in idle

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 01-31-03, 10:31 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have ATT worldnet for my ISP (dial up). I get disconnected when I am in idle for a certain amount of time. It's usually like after 20 minutes of idle that I get kicked off. Does anyone know of any software or cracks I could use to keep the connection going while I leave the computer in idle most often to download stuff? I have tried KeepRAS and Keep it Alive software which is supposed to keep the connection going but both applications only work for a certain amount of time then the connection gets interrupted and I get kicked off. Anyone know what I could do to keep the connection going?
Old 01-31-03, 10:41 PM
X
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
There are all sorts of programs that send bits of traffic periodically to keep you connected. Go to a major download site, like download.com or tucows.com and search for "stay connected" or terms like that.
Old 02-01-03, 05:34 PM

Well, let's rule out the obvious first...
Check your Internet Settings and make sure you don't have the "Disconnect if idle for more than..." option enabled.
Old 02-02-03, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Symantec has stayconnected w/ nortonsystem works 2003. It runs while you are not surfing. I never get thrown off. The name of the program is call CONNECTION KEEP ALIVE.