Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

What do I need to have a dual monitor setup?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 01-25-03, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 7500 video card..would this work to make a dual monitor setup? If not, what would I need to do this? Thanks in advance..
Old 01-25-03, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think you would need a Dual-Head Video Card. I'm not sure that you can split the signal from a single head card.

Anyway, you're behind the times Matrox now has a card to support 3 monitors.
Old 01-25-03, 11:27 PM

Is there any card that is dual monitor capable and has the features of the ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 7500? Or close too?

Last edited by Mr. Self Destruct; 01-25-03 at 11:41 PM.
Old 01-25-03, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You should have a DVI and a VGA plugs in the back of the video card. If you are using the VGA port now, you can connect the second monitor to the DVI port. Either get a DVI compatible monitor or get a DVI -> VGA adapter.
Old 01-26-03, 03:38 AM

Originally posted by zuffy
You should have a DVI and a VGA plugs in the back of the video card. If you are using the VGA port now, you can connect the second monitor to the DVI port. Either get a DVI compatible monitor or get a DVI -> VGA adapter.
I'm actually planning on ordering a flat screen lcd monitor, so this would work great. Thank you !
Old 01-26-03, 07:08 AM

I have the same all in wonder 7500 on one of my computers. The card itself cannot support dual monitors. It can support only one monitor plus the video out function each at different resolutions, hence the dual ramdacs. None of the all in wonder cards support dual monitors as there isn't eough room with the tv tuner. You would need a second pci video card to run concurrently with the all in wonder 7500 to have support for two monitors. I haven't personally tested a setup like this so I don't know what conflicts may arise out of it.

Another option would be to have an agp video card with inherent dual monitor support and video in/video out plus getting a seperate tv tuner card for something similar to the all in wonder function.
Old 01-26-03, 10:40 PM

Originally posted by XENOGEARS
I have the same all in wonder 7500 on one of my computers. The card itself cannot support dual monitors. It can support only one monitor plus the video out function each at different resolutions, hence the dual ramdacs. None of the all in wonder cards support dual monitors as there isn't eough room with the tv tuner. You would need a second pci video card to run concurrently with the all in wonder 7500 to have support for two monitors. I haven't personally tested a setup like this so I don't know what conflicts may arise out of it.

Another option would be to have an agp video card with inherent dual monitor support and video in/video out plus getting a seperate tv tuner card for something similar to the all in wonder function.
This is conflicting info from above. Are you certain of this? What if I have one DVI and one VGA connection, like the above?
Old 01-26-03, 10:42 PM
X
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Why don't you look at the card's connectors at the back of your computer and find out?