Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Question for APE Jukebox Users (and MP3 server builders)

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 09-14-02, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've been contemplating ripping my entire CD collection (~1000 CDs) to an MP3 server, and recently downloaded APE Jukebox. I like the program; however, I would like to be able to change the bitrate from 256kbs to 192kbs. Is there a way to accomplish this?

I was also a little concerned because the first CD I ripped showed up TWICE in the menu - however, it seems to have gone away by itself. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Lastly...is APE the right way to go? Or is there another program you'd recommend to control an MP3 server?
Old 09-14-02, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i'm in the process of ripping my collection using the ape plugin for exact audio copy. i use media jukebox for the player.
Old 09-14-02, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ape is nice for a frontend/jukebox but I would use/recommend Exact Audio Copy (EAC) to rip the files and retain the best sound quality. Just do a search for Exact Audio Copy on your favorite seach engine.

I've built an Mp3 server recently and LOVE it! It's nice to have all the CD's available easily. I too have over 1000 CD's and it did take some time to rip them all to the HD. I'm using Ape and trying out others (there are several) to find that nirvana that we all seek! I'm going to try out Media Jukebox too.

Let me/us know if you have any other questions! I'll be glad to assist & X has some experience in this area as well. He too can give you some good tips!

Happy ripping,

Sonicflood
Old 09-16-02, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've played around with EAC a little bit, but still like the simplicity of ripping with APE. I just wish I could bump the bitrate a bit...is there no way to do this? Strange...