Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Flash Help

Old 09-06-02, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Flash Help

i know someone here helped me before, but i forget who it was.

basically, i put up a flash site a few months ago. i use flash mx, but exported everything to flash 4. everything's been fine until today. i modified one of the movies that plays within my main .swf file. i uploaded all the new files to my server and when i went to retest the page, the main swf would stall a few seconds in, and not even anywhere near the point of the animation where the new, modified file would have started playing. it would just stall and my browser would act like it was trying to load the file but nothing more happened. i tried re-exporting the .fla files a few times and re-uploading them, but now i can't even get anything to load, just a white box where my animation should be. what the hell's going on?

when i test the files in flash, everything plays fine. when i preview in a browser, from within flash, everything's fine. when i drop the local .swf file from my harddrive directly into a browser, it works fine. when i upload the file to a server and try to view it, i have the aforementioned problems. i've tried hosting it on 2 different servers and tried 2 different browsers and nothing works anymore.

Last edited by monkeyboy; 09-06-02 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-07-02, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Flash Help

Originally posted by monkeyboy
everything's been fine until today. i modified one of the movies that plays within my main .swf file

what exactly did you do to modify it?
Old 09-08-02, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Re: Flash Help

Originally posted by TaTTooD
what exactly did you do to modify it?
all i did was make it a little longer by adding a few more graphics. anyway, i just reverted the main file back to a previous backup and redesigned the last section and now everything seems to be working fine. i still don't know what happened.