Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Neverwinter Nights Help

Old 09-06-02, 12:14 PM

Neverwinter Nights Help

I need help getting the display to work. I have a Voodoo 5 5500 64 MB PCI video card and I cannot get the display working, whether it be the mouse pointer missing or not being able to go from screen to screen. I want to know if there are any PCI cards out there that will be able to handle this game. In all othe regards my PC is up to specs (733MHz, 512 MB RAM and 20 GB ROM, DVD-ROM, Windows ME). Unfortunately my PC only has PCI card slots and not AGP. If anyone knows what I can buy please let me know or did I just buy this game for no reason? Thanks.
Old 09-06-02, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As far as I know, NWN among most modern games no longer support Voodoo video cards. I would reccomend visiting the official NWN forums at http://forums.bioware.com to see if any other Voodoo users have found a solution.

As far as other PCI video cards, I know there is a version of the GeForce4 MX series on PCI. It's probably overpriced for what little advantage you get over a GeForce2 MX, so I would reccomend buying a GeForce2 MX400 PCI. You should be able to get one for $40-60.