Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Sim City Experts Needed

Old 09-04-02, 06:08 PM

Sim City Experts Needed

I've got a problem with Sim City 3000 Unlimited. I've looked all over the web for the answer.

I've built a utopian city - basically, no pollution, high land value everywhere, lots of water, high police coverage, all high tech industry - anyway, you get the picture.

The city had a population of over 300,000. Everything's going perfect, when . . . all of a sudden, everyone's fleeing the city. The only complaint is high taxes (Thus, I lower them to 4% . . 3% . . 2%) They keep fleeing! The population is now 97,000!!!

My utopian city is becoming a ghost town, with no explanations at all! What gives?

Anyway, it's one of those things that really aren't that important, but grates on you over and over again.

Anyone had this happen to them? Any suggestions?
Old 09-04-02, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Anything else people complaining about? Do you have business deals set up with other cities for revenue?
Old 09-04-02, 06:18 PM

No deals with other cities. I'm connected through highways, railroads, roads, water, etc. . .

No one's complaining about anything else. In fact, they're throwing all kinds of compliments my way . . special day for the mayor, parades, etc. . .
Old 09-04-02, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Set up water, electricity and garbage deals with other cities to bring in revenue. Then you can cut taxes to make people happy.
Old 09-04-02, 10:20 PM
Needs to provide a working email

I'm not help-- I've never done anything more than cause many, many disasters. :-)
Old 09-05-02, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Darren Garrison
I'm not help-- I've never done anything more than cause many, many disasters. :-)
My basic strategy is to let the city fall into ruin, and then build a private railroad that goes around in a circle so I can ride trains all day while the city burns
Old 09-05-02, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

please don't crosspost. one post in the video game forum is enough
Old 09-05-02, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Jason
My basic strategy is to let the city fall into ruin, and then build a private railroad that goes around in a circle so I can ride trains all day while the city burns
Jason needs to change his username to SimNero
Old 09-05-02, 10:29 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Originally posted by Jason
I charge massive taxes, then fill the city with godzillas, tornadoes, and earthquakes. :-)