Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Big Kazaa Problem

Old 09-03-02, 01:29 AM

Big Kazaa Problem

Hey everyone

I've been having a problem with Kazaa. It opens and runs just fine, but whenevr I search for anything, nothing happens. I search for any song,movie,picture, or software file and all it says is Performing search. It ends up saying Kazaa hasn't found anything.

I have tried both kazaa and kazaalite, neither work. Also, all of my friends are having the same problem, and ive used two different computers ,so that ain't it. Any ideas?

Thanks
-Maneesh
Old 09-03-02, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know what to tell you --- Kazaa Lite is working fine for me. One or two of my searches took a little bit longer to kick in than usual, but that's it.

I noticed there's an updated version of Kazaa available. They might have tweaked something that causes older versions to not run as well (at least this seemed to be a problem once before that went away when I installed the latest version).

I would either download and install the newest version or wait a few days until a new version of Kazaa Lite is available and try that.
Old 09-03-02, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Have you always had this problem or is it new? Are you behind a router? What version of Kazaa are you running? What version of Windows are you running? What speed is your connection to the Internet?
Old 09-03-02, 08:33 AM

I started having this problem about a monyj ago. Im not begind a router or a firewall. 1.7.2, i tihnk, but the older version didn't work either. Neither XP nor 98 works. I have a DSL.

Can anyone help?
Old 09-04-02, 02:32 PM

Are you on a LAN?? A lot of times if you on a campus or something they block the ports.
Old 09-04-02, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

you just need to stop searching for "sweedish grannies spanking nurses dressed like smurfs".........not much call for that
Old 09-04-02, 06:04 PM

Nahh, no LAN. Im simply on broadband.
Old 09-04-02, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sometimes Kazaa tends to hang in my experience. One way i've found to help Kazaa (i'm using KazaaLite 1.73 BTW) get past that sticking point is to make sure you search for specifically what you want. That is, if you want some software just search software and that may help you out. I've had general searches hang but once I made it more specific it worked.
Old 09-05-02, 09:03 AM

But, it shows absolutely nothing (no matter what I type) and it does the same for everyone in my area, as well.
Old 09-05-02, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It did that for me a couple days ago...I just rebooted a couple days later, and it worked fine again.
Old 09-05-02, 10:51 AM

It could be that your broadband provider has decided that running Kazaa is using too much of their bandwidth, and has decided to block the traffic upstream of you.

Do you have a dial-up connection that you can use as a test? Try dialling in, and see if searches suddenly start working again.
Old 09-05-02, 05:07 PM

My friends are using different ISPs, but it doesn't work for them either.

-Maneesh
Old 09-05-02, 07:07 PM

ALso, WInMX works fine for me!

THis problem is so weird!

-Maneesh