Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

HP Printer Cartridge Holder or Carrier???

Old 08-27-02, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

HP Printer Cartridge Holder or Carrier???

Okay, so I bought a new deskjet 5550 based on its great reviews and price. I love it, does an amazing job for what I need. I bought an additional HP 58 photo cartridge as well. However, seeing as it only has spots for 2 cartridges at a time, what the hell do I do with the photo one when I'm not using it????

Years ago I had a HP printer like this that came with a little xtra inkcart carrier/holder thingy.

Do these still exist?? Or what can I do with the xtra inkcart.

anyone, anyone, please.

thanks.

db
Old 08-28-02, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think my mom used to have one or two of those extra cartridge holders... not sure what she did with them when she moved...

I used to work at CompUSA years ago, and we actually had an HP rep say that the best place to keep cartridges when not used is to wrap them in tin foil and put them in the fridge.

I just did a search at yahoo shopping and when I searched for Ink Holder, it gave me printers!
Old 08-28-02, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Ben732

I used to work at CompUSA years ago, and we actually had an HP rep say that the best place to keep cartridges when not used is to wrap them in tin foil and put them in the fridge.

very interesting. i haven't opened the package for the cartridge, hopefully I can find something. otherwise, maybe I'll try the tinfoil method.
Old 08-28-02, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hey db,

Look inside that little box that the 58 cart came in. There should be a small plastic clip. The unused cartridge snaps into the clip and protects the ink. I've got one sitting on my desk right now.

I know that thing is easy to miss, so hopefully you haven't tossed the box already.
Old 08-29-02, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Mad Dawg
Hey db,

Look inside that little box that the 58 cart came in. There should be a small plastic clip. The unused cartridge snaps into the clip and protects the ink. I've got one sitting on my desk right now.

I know that thing is easy to miss, so hopefully you haven't tossed the box already.
Holy **** your right, thanks so much. I didn't even realize it was in there. I had tossed it, thankfully only in the trash can by my desk!

Thanks again.
Old 08-29-02, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Do NOT put your ink carts in the fridge. When I was doing phone support for HP Inkjets, we got calls all the time for people wanting spare or replacement carriers. For the price of shipping, they will send you one if that is still the policy.