Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Alienware Thoughts?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Alienware Thoughts?

Old 07-25-02, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alienware Thoughts?

I was thinking I would get a new system when the P4 hits 3ghz... So sometime this fall...

I am considering Alienware because I hear they are good and somewhat cutting edge.... Also, because I can use my Best Buy card and get for with 1.5 years of free financing!

So, what does everyone think of them? Are they as good as PC Gamer says they are?

I will either get a Radion 9700 or NV30... Which ever is available/better at the time of the P4-3ghz...
Old 07-25-02, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They sure look nice, but they are awfully expensive. I sometimes find fault with PC Gamer reviews, not for how they rate stuff, but what they rate. They syetems that rate are always way too expensive and the price comparison chart they use is way out of whack.

IMHO, few hard-core gamers run out and buy Alienware or Falcon NW computers, when they can build a custom system for1/3 of the price.

Building your own system is not as scary as it may seem, just do lots of research and find hardware forums where everyday users rate the product.
Old 07-25-02, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do a custom job yourself. save your money, get a computer that is as good OR BETTER than the equivalent Alienware. It's that simple IMO.

Set up a system from www.newegg.com with identical components and find out how much the price is and you'll be surprised.
Old 07-25-02, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Over priced. OVER PRICED, OVER PRICED.

you could make a faster system that smokes an alienware computer. Even find a sweeter case then the alienware case if you just look.

they are over priced (Did I mention that already?) for what they offer. I suggest you just customize a computer yourself.

If you want something that is faster, better, and in a major aspect cheaper. Give me an e-mail or something, I have a friend who owns a Computer store/ Lan game center in Pasadena California who can pretty much make you system own any alienware PC, and at a damn good price.

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 07-25-02 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-25-02, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
You can get a nice case here: www.crazypaint.com