Reload this Page >

Help with Nero

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Help with Nero

Old 07-05-02, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with Nero

I had to reinstall it today and there are two features I can't use anymore and was wondering how to get them back.

First, I no longer have an option to compile a VCD when I click on new. Second, my "Wizard" is gone and I don't know how to get it back on. I have version 4.0.3.6
Old 07-05-02, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe I should clarify....

The Wizard is a button when I click on the button to burn a CD, and it comes up where you can select disc at once, write speed, CD text, and blah blah blah. I click on "wizard" and just click on the button to burn the disc so I don't have to go thru all the other hassles. And when I click on new, the wizard will give me three choices between "audio CD" "Data CD" or for both mixed. I need to have my wizard working again so I can just burn the CDs because if I go thru all that other crap, I get write errors, burn process errors, and headaches more than they are worth and I can't burn CDs.
Old 07-05-02, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
Was this a 'trial version'? I've heard people say it didn't work the same after the trial version expired & they re-downloaded it.
Old 07-05-02, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

try version 5.05 its more user friendly
Old 07-05-02, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by dvdsteve2000
Was this a 'trial version'? I've heard people say it didn't work the same after the trial version expired & they re-downloaded it.
No, this is the actual 4.0 disc. I will more than likely get the newest version once I get a new computer, but til then, if anybody can help me with my current problem, I'd appreciate it. Wizard worked fine before I reinstalled it (I only reinstalled it because I thought it might fix a problem I was having making video CDs). I am going on a road trip in a little over a week, and would like to beable to make some CDs to listen to, so getting my current version working the way it did before is all I need help with right now.
Old 07-05-02, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Actually, I forgot about my updates disc, I ran that and it works fine now!
Old 07-06-02, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
I have a different nero question, hope it's ok to ask in this nero thread
I have a CDRW that I burned as a vcd with nero 5.something
now it won't erase. I ran the full erase, which was over in 20 seconds (isn't that a little fast?) and now when I go to burn something I get an error about a unrecognized format or something and maybe one or 2 files will be written out of 5 (I was testing it with 5 files for a total of 50 megs or so)