Reload this Page >

winXP sp1 build 1065 just leaked!!

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 06-28-02, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man http://driverheaven.net is really on the ball! Two or three days ago they had 1063 version now today I just read the 1065 sp1 is leaked there too! Plus they had the ATI leaked drivers yesteday too! winXP sp1 build 1065

Last edited by Shuki; 06-29-02 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-28-02, 03:32 PM
X
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
ATI drivers are bad enough when officially released, being a beta tester for leaked ones is just crazy!

As for Microsoft, I'll just say NT4 SP2. Never, never be the first, second, third... to try out a Microsoft SP.
Old 06-28-02, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I put on omega's plutonium tweaked driver set yesterday (based on the 6102 catalyst driver leak) and really, absolutely LOVE these drivers! GTA3 is running sweet as can be

I also put on the sp1 build 1060 three or four days ago and haven't had a bit of trouble. System seems a bit more responsive but maybe that's just in my head :lol"
Old 06-28-02, 03:52 PM
X
Administrator

You obviously don't do home theater with your ATI card. Virtually every new driver that ATI comes out fixes or adds something and breaks something else that used to work. I can't get past the 6025 version so far without serious problems being very evident.

I hope you backed up just before that SP. And keep that backup for a while!
Old 06-28-02, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yeah, me and drive image 2k2 are good friends! Plus here in a few hours I'll be trying out the 1065 build. But rumor has it the official MS release will be around Aug, 1.

and no, I don't use my r8500 for home theater, just gaming on my pc.
Old 06-28-02, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Do you think MS will put out WinXP SP1 in retail/OEM form, to replace the old one, or will you have to download it?
Old 06-28-02, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I doubt Microsoft would release XP w/SP1 in retail. They will definitely release that in the Microsoft Select edition (this is the corp. edition). As for OEM, I have no idea... 50/50 may be?
Old 06-29-02, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

betcha it will be a d/l. or if you're on 56k you will probably be able to order the disc from MS. this baby is big... 119MB. But overall feel is very smooth and overall system is even better now than with the 1060 build! No problems here with sp1 build 1065
Old 06-29-02, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk God

leaked??

of course you realize that microsoft leaks these on purpose.. thats free beta testing, without having to worry about whether it causes problems or not.. they 'leak' these builds, wait to see what it screws up, then fix it.. after they have done this enough times, then they will release the final version

I stay up to date on pretty much all of my software.. but given microsofts history on leaked service packs, no way I would load it up until all of you get done fighting through the problems that are sure to exist
Old 06-29-02, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

twikoff..or they could just do what they did with office XP and charge us to beta test it.
Old 06-29-02, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by X
You obviously don't do home theater with your ATI card. Virtually every new driver that ATI comes out fixes or adds something and breaks something else that used to work. I can't get past the 6025 version so far without serious problems being very evident.

I hope you backed up just before that SP. And keep that backup for a while!

what ATI are you using.. i have been pvr'ing with my AIW Radeon for about a year now, using manily the final drivers but haven't had hardly any problems with it.
Old 06-29-02, 12:34 PM
X
Administrator

Originally posted by hypeiv
what ATI are you using.. i have been pvr'ing with my AIW Radeon for about a year now, using manily the final drivers but haven't had hardly any problems with it.
The 7500/VGA/DVI with Win2K and WinXP. The drivers, except for maybe the 6025 version are a joke. One of my favorite "features" is the part where the ATI advanced properties panels of the display panel lose their OK, Cancel, Accept buttons when you move the panel. Even with the 6025 version, trying to convince the system which monitor is my primary and having it stay that way after a reboot is quite a challenge.

PVR'ing isn't much of a challenge for even ATI, especially if you do it on one display. Try running a computer monitor on one port and a projector or RPTV on the other port while having the DVD playing constraint of the overlay being able to be on only one display at a time. And consider the performance problems that result with even ATI's own player depending on version (again, older is better - 7.5 works, 7.6 and 7.7 stutter), especially if you have both displays simply active at the same time!

If this card did not give such a good picture when you finally figure out the right combination of drivers and player software I would never touch it. I really miss my Elsa GeForce2, but the picture wasn't quite as good and it wasn't a twinhead.

And of course there's always the broken gamma of the 8500 which makes that card absolutely unusable for home theater purposes...
Old 07-01-02, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

dude. sounds like you need a home theater.

cranky.
Old 07-01-02, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
twikoff..or they could just do what they did with office XP and charge us to beta test it.

yea.. but its easy enough to uninstall office, if it crashes

and screwed up service pack could lead to a quick format
Old 07-02-02, 03:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

well scratch that 1065.... 1068 is now available same location http://driverheaven.net

haven't had to use my drive image yet! (but it is there just in case )