Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Hey! How do you remove MSN Messenger worm?

Old 06-26-02, 08:46 AM

Hey!

Hey people! What's up? Long time no speak!

Hey, uh, I need a little help on something. Do any of you have MSN Messenger? You do? Well, have any of you ever come in contact with an annoying worm that starts out by asking you if you want a picture? If you say 'yes or 'yeah' or something watch out... because it will download into the messenger and will totally ruin conversations unless you press CTRL + Alt + Del then choose the program (virus) "MsgSprd". It's annoying and starts up everytime you restart the comp. My question is if anyone here knows how to remove one of these boogers? I know there's a way but I don't know how.

Thanks,
Lance

P.S. My mouse here lately keeps stopping on it's ow and will start moving again. It's being really stubborn. I don't think this is any kind of virus, but perhaps one of you have had that prob before.... but then again I probably just need a new comp all together... I've had this one since 1997!
Old 06-26-02, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just say you don't want the picture?