Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Is there a way to save my background?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 06-24-02, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a PC and I have a background on my computer that I didn't save. And I've had it for like a year now. I wanna change backgrounds but I really like the pic and don't want to loose it. Is there a way to save it? Thanks
Old 06-25-02, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hit the print screen button and then paste it into a graphics program. You might also be able to save it if you go into the control panel and select a new one, leaving the old one in tact...
Old 06-25-02, 12:56 AM
wiz
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Actually Blake, it sounds like he wants to save the picture intact, without his icons and stuff on top of it. The best way to do this is to right click on your desktop (assuming you're using Windows), and select Properties. From the Background tab, look and see what is highlighted as your background right now (will probably be netscape navigator desktop, or Internet Explorer Wallpaper or something like that. When you find out what the name of it is, go to Start/Find/Files or Folders and do a search for the name of the file. Once you find it, copy it to somewhere that you want to keep it, then rename it so you'll know what it is when you see it. Presto, there ya go.
Old 06-25-02, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I forget that I'm running a program that hides my desktop icons...sorry bout that.