Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

sony dvd drivers

Old 06-23-02, 12:19 PM

sony dvd drivers

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need drivers for a sony ddu 1621 dvd drive that apparantly is giving allot of people trouble because there were no drivers on the disc that came with it.
Old 06-23-02, 09:23 PM

Dan -

based on what I read, you're having some serious issues with your Dell DVD (Sony) drive. Have you contacted them in regards to it? I will also assume that you have at the very least a 1 year warranty - if so, simply have them send you a new drive and swap it, or have them send someone to do it. I'm not trying to sound sarcastic, but trying to get the drive to work seems to be very difficult, and I'm betting new drivers won't help you (esp. if it is working one minute, not the next - that sounds like a bad drive to me).

Have you tried visiting DellTalk ? it's a MB similar to here that specializes in Dell PC's, and I have found it extremely helpful (mods, please don't mistake this for spamming - it's a free site, and many PC owners should know about it, even if they're NOT Dell owners - you learn some great stuff there). There is a DVD-CD-R forum that you should bring this problem to, and see what the regs there suggest (but I bet they say to have Dell replace the drive, as I recommend).

Hope this helps - good luck!
Old 06-23-02, 10:44 PM

Dan read my post in your other thread, and get the drive replaced. Let me guess, the lights come on when you insert a disc (or not) and then all of a sudden Windows acts like there is no disc in there... It's a bad drive.