Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Any way to BLOCK email in Outlook?

Old 06-22-02, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Any way to BLOCK email in Outlook?

I want to totally block email from a particular address. I know I can have it set to automatically be dumped into my deleted folder but I don't want that. I was a member of mailing list for some collectables I used to collect but the mailing list is wacko and even though you do the unsubscribe email it still sends messages. the guy who runs won't do anything about it because he thinks he is "bringing together collectors to create a happy place to buy/sell/trade"

Anyway I can just block email from his address to where I don't even receive it in outlook?
Old 06-22-02, 09:30 AM

If you're using Outlook as a pop3 client, then I don't think so. The best you can do is to auto-delete it after you pull it off the server.

If you're using Outlook as an Exchange client, your email admin (where I work, that's me) can block it at the server level and it goes to la-la land.
Old 06-22-02, 12:53 PM

Yeah, it's a pop3 client. I went in and created a rule that will permanently delete the messages upon arrival instead of just putting them in my deleted folder for me to delete later.
Old 06-22-02, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There's a program called Mailwasher that allows you to block e-mails (or make them "bounce" to make it look like that e-mail account is invalid or no longer exists).

www.mailwasher.net
Old 06-22-02, 11:52 PM

Thanks! I'll give it a whirl.
Old 06-24-02, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

In addition to deleting you can create a auto respond too so that he gets an annoying email everytime you get an annoying email
Old 06-24-02, 05:36 PM

Originally posted by Dr. Dean
In addition to deleting you can create a auto respond too so that he gets an annoying email everytime you get an annoying email
Hahaha, sweet! I'll remember that next time I get annoying emails.

As far the ones in the original post, I think he finally got his **** together and started taking people off his list that asked. I haven't received a message from his mailing list in a couple days. Thanks for the tips though. they will definitly come in handy down the road.