Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

MP3 player for computer skipping

Old 06-19-02, 10:49 AM

MP3 player for computer skipping

I"m having really bad skipping problems with the Winamp MP3 player. I've tried all their suggestions, but to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions on a decent MP3 player alternative? Thanks.
Old 06-19-02, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

well there MMJB, music match juke box, however why is winamp skipping? it shouldnt. do you have sufficent memory (ram) and HD space? are you running a heavy program?
Old 06-19-02, 01:10 PM

No, i have plenty of memory (512) and plenty of HD space (100 GB) and no other programs are competing with it. It just happened when I upgraded to version 2.80 or whatever teh newest version is. if you go to their forums page at winamp, you'll see that a lot of people are having the same problem. I would just install the old version of it, but I don't have the *.exe of it anymore, so i'm kinda stuck at the moment. It's been really realyl annoying lately and the fixes that they told acually made it worse. They state that it's a Sound blaster problem, but I don't buy that because I haven't had a single problem until the new version came out.