Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

CD player quit reading CDRs

Old 06-17-02, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

CD player quit reading CDRs

Hey. I have a iomega cd burner, and I've been using memorex cdr's, having no problem. Every single one has played in my car no problem. Now, starting last week my car trys to read them and eventually gives an error message. I've tried making like 8 cds to no avail, even tried a different brand cdr. The cds are fine because they play on all my other cd players, other car, dreamcast, pc, etc. Why would my car cd player suddenly quit playing these? They still play my old ones that I made, just not the new ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 06-17-02, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My best guess was that you accidentally set a flag in your burning software that the car player doesn't like. Maybe you're not closing the sessions or something?
Old 06-17-02, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I use Adaptec Easy CD Creator, and I've tried playing with the settings, as far as I know, I never changed anything before they started not working. The default is "close session and leave cd open" and thats what I've used all along but I also tried "close cd".... ahhh! this is frustrating!
Old 06-17-02, 07:46 PM
X
Administrator

Try using a cleaning CD on your car CD player, it may be dirty.
Old 06-17-02, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is driving me nuts! All cds work, originals, old burnt ones, just not these ones I did in the last week!
Old 06-19-02, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok, I've tried different brands: I started w/ Memorex 700 mb 80 minute and they worked, I ran out, got another spindle of the same, they don't work. I then tried Hypermedia, they did not work. Then today I got a 5 pack of memorex 700 mb 80 minute 16x multispeed. They work. What is the difference between the ones I started w/, the replacements that didn't work, and the ones that now work that seem to be the same? Maybe I got a bad Batch?
Thanks