Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Printing 4X6 Pictures Help Needed

Old 06-14-02, 05:28 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 5,420
Printing 4X6 Pictures Help Needed

I just got a digital camera last week.
I bought Kodak4x6 photo paper for borderless prints. (1 picture per sheet)

How do I print 4x6 photos with no borders ?

Could I use Printmaster Platinum or is there an easier way ?
Do I have to change my printer settings ?
How do I get it to line up exactly ?

Last edited by Struz; 06-14-02 at 10:27 PM.
Struz is offline  
Old 06-14-02, 10:27 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 5,420
^
Struz is offline  
Old 06-14-02, 11:17 PM
  #3  
Needs to provide a working email
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as Darrin Garrison
Posts: 3,321
The best option that I know of is JASC's Paint Shop Pro (from http://www.jasc.com/products/psp/ ). It has a print preview function that allows you to see exactly how the image will fit on the page, and allow you to adjust it in hundredths of an inch increments. Version 7 is available, but I still prefer version 4.0 for simple things like printing, if you can find a copy.
Darren Garrison is offline  
Old 06-15-02, 11:28 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 5,420
Originally posted by Darren Garrison
The best option that I know of is JASC's Paint Shop Pro (from http://www.jasc.com/products/psp/ ). It has a print preview function that allows you to see exactly how the image will fit on the page, and allow you to adjust it in hundredths of an inch increments. Version 7 is available, but I still prefer version 4.0 for simple things like printing, if you can find a copy.
Thanks Darren.

Anyone else know of any other way to print 4x6 photos ?
Struz is offline  
Old 06-17-02, 07:41 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Bristol, CT USA
Posts: 1,861
Originally posted by Struz
Anyone else know of any other way to print 4x6 photos ?
It should be pretty easy. The printer driver probably has 4x6 as a paper size. Line the paper up on (probably) the right-hand side of the printer, and print. See what happens.
danw is offline  
Old 06-17-02, 10:04 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 5,420
Originally posted by danw


It should be pretty easy. The printer driver probably has 4x6 as a paper size. Line the paper up on (probably) the right-hand side of the printer, and print. See what happens.
It doesn't.

The Kodak 4x6 photo paper has a small border around the 4x6 part that comes off after you print so you print on the entire 4x6 area.

There's got to be a simplier way than having to but software for $100 to print a photo.
Struz is offline  
Old 06-17-02, 10:15 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Bristol, CT USA
Posts: 1,861
Originally posted by Struz

The Kodak 4x6 photo paper has a small border around the 4x6 part that comes off after you print so you print on the entire 4x6 area.
Can you make custom paper sizes? Make one that's 4x6 plus the border size. Then print a 4x6 to that paper that's centered.
danw is offline  
Old 06-17-02, 11:43 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 5,420
Originally posted by danw


Can you make custom paper sizes? Make one that's 4x6 plus the border size. Then print a 4x6 to that paper that's centered.
Good idea danw.
I don't know if I can but I'll try it tonight.
Thanks.
Struz is offline  
Old 06-17-02, 10:15 PM
  #9  
Needs to provide a working email
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as Darrin Garrison
Posts: 3,321
Originally posted by Struz

There's got to be a simplier way than having to but software for $100 to print a photo.
You get what you pay for-- use bottom of the line software, expect bottom of the line features and results. Paint Shop Pro is a BARGIN at $100, concidering that it does most of what most people would want to do without having to shell out $600 for PhotoShop.
Darren Garrison is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.