Reload this Page >

Good video capture card?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Good video capture card?

Old 06-04-02, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good video capture card?

Now that I'm getting a GeForce 3 Ti200 to replace my ATI All-In-Wonder 128 pro, I'm wondering what kind of video capture card I can get as I really have some videotapes I want to convert to VCD/DVD. Any suggestions?
Old 06-04-02, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a Hauppauge WinTV tuner card that works quite well for video capture as well. I think I paid around $60-$70 for it. It has a cable tuner, FM radio tuner, S-Video in (with an RCA adapter), and audio in/out. It also comes with an IR sensor and remote control. (There's also a cheaper model without the FM tuner and remote control.) I hooked up my VCR and used VirtualDub to capture the video from some old VHS tapes. Just make sure you have alot of free disk space for the captured video. It can take up ALOT of space depending on what kind of compression, if any, you use while capturing to AVI. The file will be much smaller after you convert to MPG for burning to VCD.
Old 06-05-02, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
they have pretty good reviews of capture cards at vcdhelp.com
Old 06-05-02, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by twikoff
they have pretty good reviews of capture cards at vcdhelp.com
Thanks, I didn't think of that, even though it happens to be one of my favorite pages.