Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Some Microsoft Access help -- first-time user.

Old 05-20-02, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Some Microsoft Access help -- first-time user.

I downloaded a "DVD Tracker" file from the templates gallery section at microsoft.com.

I can insert the film name, the actors, the rating, etc. (don't know whether or not that's a table or a form).

I can click on this one thing called "program information" which brings up a dialog box which then shows fields for director, producer, year, etc.

Here's what I want to do: when inputting a new actor, all I have to do if I've already inserted "Sean Connery" once is scroll down on the field. I then insert his name as the actor in "Hunt for Red October." Then, magically, this information gets transferred to the "program information" box.

I want to do the same thing for Directors. I know how to create a new form, and I know how to create a new table -- but I cannot for the life of me get it to transfer over anywhere.

If I have only served to confuse you -- you may want to head to the template downloads at microsoft.com, get the DVD tracker file, and see what I mean.

Thanks guys!
Old 05-21-02, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So....anyone wanna take a crack at this? I'd really appreciate it -- and maybe you'd learn something about Access too!

Just go get the file from the templates gallery section at microsoft.com.

PLEASE