Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Video Capture Question

Old 05-16-02, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Video Capture Question

I'm looking to get a Video Capture card. I want to be able to edit movies but I have a question. Is it possible to edit a home movie or whatever on the computer and then record it back onto a videotape? I'm asking because of an upcoming english project. Thanks
Old 05-16-02, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh yeah I'm probably gonna get a Pinnacle PCTV TV Tuner and Video Capture Card. Want that TV tuner also
Old 05-16-02, 06:43 PM
X
Administrator

Yes, I have that card. I haven't done editing but it will take the video in. Getting it out of the computer is another matter as the s-video and composite connections are input only. You'll have to have a video card out method of getting back to your VCR. Recording the edited video to VCD might be another way.
Old 05-16-02, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've got the Pinnacle DC10+ Video Capture card. It has inputs and outputs for RCA and S-video. I've only used it for capture so far, though.
Old 05-16-02, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by X
Yes, I have that card. I haven't done editing but it will take the video in. Getting it out of the computer is another matter as the s-video and composite connections are input only. You'll have to have a video card out method of getting back to your VCR. Recording the edited video to VCD might be another way.
Thanks for the help X. Using a VCD is impossible so I'll probably just figure out a way to record it back on a tape OR if I can't do that I'll just put it on VCD and transfer it to tape from my DVD player
Old 05-17-02, 07:57 AM
Banned

Look here:
http://www.vcdhelp.com
Old 05-18-02, 10:22 PM

ATI all in wonder can capture and output composite/coaxial/s-vhs. I have not hooked it up to a vcr but I have recorded from a 8mm camcorder and played the stuff back to my TV without any problems. It also supports the TV and the monitor at the same time, alot easier to use than my geforce for tv out.

-K