Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

a quick question

Old 05-16-02, 10:54 AM
afi

a quick question

im not sure this is in the right forum but here goes.

i have over 100 music video clips on video tapes. what i want to do is put them on dvd so its like a music dukebox so it plays random or plays tracks i select.
first i have to hook up my vcr to the computer. how and what hardware do i need?
then put it on my computer. what software do i need?
then put the clips from my computer onto dvd. i know i will need to get a dvd burner. what software do i need besides the burning software. i mean what software do i need to make the dukebox thing on the dvd.
also will the quality be better or worse after being from the videotapes to dvds?
how many clips can i put on the dvd? i know it depends on the length.

if this makes any sence and u could help pls email me
[email protected]
kat
Old 05-16-02, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Welcome to the forum. i'd read the FAQs inthis forum. they may be helpful. (i also replied in another forum--this is probably the best forum for this question, and posting all over isn't likely to get you more answers). you'll also get more people to read your post (and therefore more help) if you give a hint as to what you're asking about in the subject.

short of buying a DVD burner, you may be able to make VCDs of the videos, although not nearly as many will fit on a disc.

i'm not sure about setting a playlist on the player or random play. if your player supports it, it could be done, but i think it would be hard to program a disc to be able to do that.

good luck :>