Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

DV & firewire equipmment help

Old 05-10-02, 08:53 AM

DV & firewire equipmment help

I have a video camera with firewire and would like to created VCDs. Can anybody tell me what kind of video I require all the quotations I have received for my new PC suggest I purchase 2 video cards is this necessary one for graphics & one for video capture?

What spec of equipment would you suggest I purchase specifically which video card or Video Capture board do I require.

cheers

d
Old 05-10-02, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

you might want to try www.vcdhelp.com
Old 05-10-02, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have a Panasonic MiniDV camcorder, Windows XP Pro, Pinnacle Studio, and Ahead Nero burning software. Nero has the ability to create a VCD "image" fairly easily. I have been fairly successful in creating VCDs that will play on either my PC or my Pioneer DVD player. I don't claim to be an expert on the subject, I don't think you necessarily need any kind of specific video capture card for downloading video from the camcorder. Zuffy's suggestion for vcdhelp.com is a very good one. I've picked up quite a few good tips from there.
I recently added a Pinnacle DC-10 video capture card that I have used to cap from my Tivo box taht seems to work pretty well, though far from "professional" quality. Look in this thread for some of the examples, if you're interested:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=205495