Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

floppy power connector adapter?

Old 05-03-02, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

floppy power connector adapter?

I recently inherited a 400W power supply from a friend of mine and wanted to use it in a new PC system that I'm building. It has the standard ATX power connector for the motherboard along with five 12V "molex" connectors for harddrives, CDROM drives, etc. However, it does not have any floppy drive power connectors! Are there any adapters/splitters that I can use to convert a regular molex connector into a floppy connector? If so, where can I get it? I went to my local Fry's electronics but couldn't find anything (but I wasn't sure where to look and the customer service there is awful).
Old 05-03-02, 10:30 AM

Yep, there are definitely adapters available. As for where to get one - well, I'd think that Fry's would have them... somewhere. As you've already found out, the trick is to find out where.

I'd check with any local computer shop, or even your local Radio Shack. They should be able to dig one up for you.
Old 05-03-02, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Dirk
Yep, there are definitely adapters available. As for where to get one - well, I'd think that Fry's would have them... somewhere. As you've already found out, the trick is to find out where.

I'd check with any local computer shop, or even your local Radio Shack. They should be able to dig one up for you.
Just picked one up at Radio Shack for $4. Thanks for the tip!