Reload this Page >

Need recommendations on a LCD monitor.

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 04-28-02, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking to buy a 15" or 17" LCD monitor for around $400. I know they can be had for that price (w/coupons/rebates/PM), but I'm not sure which is the best one to get. I'm looking at the Viewsonic VG150 but that only has analog input. I have the ATI Radeon 7500 vdo card, and it has a DVI-I input. So I wanna have a monitor with the same input, any suggestions?
Old 04-28-02, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is your lucky day Go check out this thread http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=203341 for a deal on an Envision 15" LCD for $235 plus shipping. If I hadn't got a big enough credit card bill to pay this month, I'd buy it too
Old 04-28-02, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Lampei
This is your lucky day Go check out this thread http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=203341 for a deal on an Envision 15" LCD for $235 plus shipping. If I hadn't got a big enough credit card bill to pay this month, I'd buy it too
I saw that thread, but that's not for an Envision, it's for a Viewsonic. And that particular Viewsonic only has analog input, not DVI-I. I can still use it but it just won't refresh as fast (or something like that).
Old 04-28-02, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by huzefa

I saw that thread, but that's not for an Envision, it's for a Viewsonic. And that particular Viewsonic only has analog input, not DVI-I. I can still use it but it just won't refresh as fast (or something like that).
And you are correct, and I'm insane Sorry
Old 04-28-02, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hear that the Samsung 151s or b (silver or black) is a very good buy for entry level lcd monitors. I believe that it's somewhere around the neighborhood of 400 bucks or so. I'm sure that you can find it at Staples.ca with a 40 off coupon and free shipping and pricematch.

Do a quick search for some reviews at the usual suspects sites.

Good luck.