Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

scanner problem, anyone know anything about these?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 04-27-02, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I bought this scanner last christmas on a super bargain sale for 20 bucks. It is one of those really thin USB ones from Googlegear.com, basically some cheap brand rebadged with their logo.

Ever since I have gotten it, every scan has light blue streaks longways down the image. I thought it was light leaking in so I used almost a whole roll of electric tape and taped over every little seam and crack on this thing. Then I went and bought some rubber gasket stuff and cut and stuck them all along the edges of the lid to get a tight seal. No such luck though, I still get the streaks.

Does anyone know what this is? Could I some how fix it by taking it apart and fiddling or what? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-27-02, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I would think that it's most likely a problem with the sensor that reads the light off the image being scanned. If there's a bad sensor or something or other, it'll just put a line where the sensor is bad. Or at least that's what I'd think, but I don't really know all that much about scanners.
Old 04-27-02, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That could be it. I don't know though because the streaks fade like light. I just tried it again and it was perfect hehe, I guess I didn't pay for performance hehe.