How do I "completely" uninstall NERO??

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 04-19-02, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw the: Uninstall Nero Thread

I was able to uninstall NERO, but it said I should make sure the entire program is uninstalled by manually checkihng and removing anything that was not removed. Not in those exact words, but that is what message I got when I uninstalled NERO.

Any idea how I check to make sure it's completely uninstalled?
I have to do this since I upgrading my RAM and having problems with the cd-rw's.

Thanks

Also, I need to uninstall TDK Digital Mixmaster, but could not find "uninstall" for it?? I checked in the Folders, the desktop icon, and nothing!! I just deleted the icons and now don't know what to do.
Old 04-19-02, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

For Nero delete the folder named "ahead" that is the folder that Nero installs into.

To uninstall TDK go to start - control panel - add/remove programs select the TDK program and clike remove
Old 04-20-02, 05:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A couple of things ...

Using the OS uninstaller or the Program uninstaller rarely totally uninstalls a program. You can use some uninstaller programs that will do a pretty good job uninstalling the prog in the first place.

Or

You can do what you did and then doing what the above poster said

And

go into your registry (if you feel comfortable and are running win98) using the "regedit" run command and deleting all ahead nero folders in the two "software" registry references. Many times when you uninstall stuff there still remains traces of that old program

Or better yet

use a program like Norton Utilities Win Doctor which will do a pretty good job cleaning up your system after a uninstall.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific ... i'm falling asleep right now. Take my advice lightly and don't fool around with the registry if you aren't comfortable with it.