Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Naming tracks after burning a cd

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 04-18-02, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do i have to type this all in myself or is there some web site or program that will do it for me?

I have the TDK mixmaster (?) and when i burn a cd it just names the tracks "Track ##"
Old 04-20-02, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Naming tracks after burning a cd

Originally posted by Christo
do i have to type this all in myself or is there some web site or program that will do it for me?

I have the TDK mixmaster (?) and when i burn a cd it just names the tracks "Track ##"
Click on "Tools" to bring up the preferences list. Then click on "CD Database." This will allow you to set preferences for accessing the online CD Database, which will automatically name the tracks for you.
Old 04-20-02, 11:00 AM
X
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If you're not copying a CD, but instead creating a compilation yourself, aren't you stuck doing the naming yourself? CDDB and other databases can't recognize a custom mix, can they? They sure can't recognize mine.
Old 04-20-02, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

When the mix is already done, you're right. The easiest thing to do is have the CDDB name the tracks as you enter them. When I'm ripping songs for a compilation, I leave the Internet connection open and every time I put a CD into the computer, all the tracks are automatically named. Those names are carried over when I select the specific tracks I want to save for the compilation.
Old 04-20-02, 03:32 PM

I guess I was offline when i first tried this. It's working fine now except that for some reason TDK Mixmaster won't recognize Astro Creep :2000 but Windows Media Player will. What's up with that?

Also, my system slows to a crawl when i'm ripping a cd. I have 128 which isn't much but is more than the minimum amount. If I have to get more memory that's not really a problem, I just want to know if there's something wrong with my software/hardware.

Last edited by Christo; 04-20-02 at 03:37 PM.